115 - Velen's Chosen: Blizzcon 2017 Recap (Rob talks too much)
This week we discuss Blizzcon and the new expansion announcement of Kobolds and Catacombs, Rob’s return from Blizzcon, and all the crazy things that unfolded with testing the new single-player content! Spoilers: Rob talks WAY too much so this is a LONG show.
- Death Knights are being removed from arena starting Nov. 14th: “While the Death Knight Hero Cards are exciting and powerful to play, their permanent Hero Power upgrades are hard to combat in a format where answers are limited. “
- Brawl: Great summoner’s competition
- Expansion releasing Dec. 7: From December 10 to 11 (December 9 to 10 PST)
- All new expansion cards will be allowed(blog about hearthstone invitational in Australia
- The all gold classic pack is now available for twitch prime members
- Visual change coming to legendaries; gold gem on collectible cards, silver dragon on non-collectible cards. Other collectible cards will be changed later, as time allows, for consistency. (rares and epics etc.)
- Marin the fox is out and the new pre-order with cardback
- Nov. 20th 135 new cards start being revealed
- Logging in when the expansion hits will get you one of the new Legendary weapons for free.
- 9 new arena cards added for a limited time
Arena Unique Cards!
- Deadeye: 2 mana Hunter spell; for the rest of the game, your hero power can also target minions.
- Hand of Salvation: 1 mana paladin secret: When your second minion dies in a turn, revive it.
- Polymorph: ??? 5 mana mage spell, choose a minion. Discover a new minion to transform it into.
- Blazing Longsword: 3 mana warrior weapon ⅔ Also damages the minions next to whomever you attack.
- Generous Spirit: 3 mana priest spell; give a friendly minion to your opponent. Draw 3 cards.
- Smoke bomb: 1 mana rouge spell; Give a minion stealth until your next turn. Draw a card.
- Crackling Doom: 0 mana Shaman spell; Deal 12 damage to all minions. Overload (10)
- Nature’s Champion; 3 mana Druid spell; Return a friendly minion to your hand and give it +5/+5
- Bottled Madness: 0 mana Warlock spell; Transform each card in your hand into a random Demon.
Velen’s Chosen Links:
Battlenet Group Invite
Twitter, Discord, Patreon, Facebook, Youtube
iTunes, RSS, Full Show Notes
Rob: Instagram, Twitter, Overwatch Podcast, Twitch, Concept Craft
Grant: Twitter, Soundcloud, Battle.net: Watchman#1140
Eve: Twitter, Twitch, Battle.net: Kaeleigh#1919
Official Sponsors of Velen’s Chosen: Jamie S.