110 - Velen's Chosen: Grommash & Zooooo!
This week on Velen’s Chosen, the crew chit-chat about lots of news at the top of the show, cover a cool deck this week: Zooooo Warlock, discuss Grommash Hellscream as an introduction to Garrosh Hellscream, and close out the 2 hour show with a discussion about 0-mana cards in Hearthstone.
Brawl of the Week- A Peek to the Past; Only Basic and Classic cards, no epics or Legendaries.
Golden Classic Pack coming to Twitch Prime Nov 8-Jan 9
Unlicensed Apothecary and Thrall interaction will be fixed in next patch.
New Features coming to the Battle.net Launcher Beta: appear offline, Social tab, Groups, profiles (Blizzard, settings, beta, switch to beta version)
The next Hearthstone expansion will be announced Nov 3 at Blizzcon
There is a new feature for Battle.net Client & Features for Discord!
Deck of the Week: New Zoolock
- Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIkbwCl9MCnOICDTD3BKgFzgflB8IItKwCvLYC68ICm8sC980Clc4Cps4CAA==
- General Strat: Get an early board, maintain trading for advantage, flip the switch and start hitting face.
- Mulligan: EXTREMELY matchup dependent, always keep Keleseth, try to get 1-mana minions, after that look for Captain/Councilman.
- For more matchup knowledge subscribe to patreon for the FULL deck writeup!
Discussion Point: 0-Cost Cards
Wacky Power Levels: Do nothing or incredible power level
No meaningful decisions: Play it or Don’t (no value decisions i.e. Wrath vs Wild Growth)
0-Mana cards constant targets of nerfs
Other game cards similar that were banned/rotated:
Yu-Gi-Oh!//Pot of Greed (Draw 2 cards for no cost)
Pokemon//Professor Oak (Discard your hand & Draw 7)
Magic//Black Lotus (Gain 3 mana of 1 color & discard this card)
Lore Moment: Grommash Hellscream
Grommash Hellscream is the Father of Garrosh Hellscream and quite worthy of his own tale. This is what Thrall says about him:
"In many ways, the curse of our people began and ended with Grom. His name meant "Giant's Heart" in our ancient tongue. He earned that name a hundredfold as he stood alone before the demon Mannoroth — and won our freedom with his blood. Lok'Tar Ogar, Big Brother. May the Warsong never fade."
- New Patreon Supporters: Eric L, Trey H, David M, Lior L, Jon “Botticus”
- New Patron $5 Perk: Get Rob to say something stupid:
- -Botticus Request: Prof. Putricide:
- Official Sponsors of Velen’s Chosen: Jamie S, Miguel V.
Velen’s Chosen Links:
Website Link: http://www.velenschosen.com/
Twitter, Discord, Patreon, Facebook, Youtube
iTunes, RSS, Full Show Notes
Rob: Instagram, Twitter, Overwatch Podcast, Twitch, Concept Craft
Grant: Twitter, Soundcloud, Battle.net: Watchman#1140
Eve: Twitter, Twitch, Battle.net: Kaeleigh#1919